Uniting Against Covid
How can such a microscopic virus have such gargantuan might? We must remember: our might is stronger still, especially when we act as one.
This is the moment to join together, to keep each other safe, and to protect our most vulnerable. Soon, these hands, which we use today to build walls for safety, will be used again to embrace each other as we rejoice and rebuild.
In the face of crisis, we choose to be brave and put our hands to work in the fight against COVID. We won’t let COVID catch these hands! Together, we choose to know our facts, stay clean, and be kind to ourselves and one another. Our fate is #inourhands.
Information for Everyone
Alongside our partner IDEO.org, we’ve developed a set of health messages to give people more information about COVID-19 – particularly vulnerable and marginalized people. Created from WHO guidelines, these health images and messages have been translated into many different languages with the goal to reach people who aren’t otherwise being reached. Social media messages and posts are available for anyone to download here (and some examples are below).
Join Us! Get your hands into action!
People from around the world have been joining in to share messages with their networks and communities to protect and keep them safe. Millions of messages of solidarity and unity are stretching from #inourhands across the globe – from Pakistan to Kenya, Tanzania to the U.S.
Below is a recent message from Tanzanian Hamisa Mobetto:
View this post on Instagram
Hello marafiki zangu wazuri . Tafadhali hakikisha unajitunza na kusaidia wale ambao hawawezi kujimudu katika kipindi hichi cha Gonjwa hili la Corona. Na Pia Ninakuhimiza kuvaa Barakoa bila kusahau kuosha mikono yako . Na kutumia Sanitizer kwenye mizunguko yako. #InOurHands @We.Are.alight . Hi friends, please make sure you are taking care of yourselves and supporting those who can't afford to during this time. I also encourage you to wear a mask, wash your hands and take care. #InOurHands @we.are.alight
Including messages from: Millard Ayo; Hamisa Mobetto; Idris Sultan; Khamis Mwinjuma “Mwana Fa”
Mansoor Ali Khan; Bill Nass; Aamina Sheikh; Meena Ally; Hina Parvez Butt; Javeria Siddique; Leila Kayondo; Adelle Onyango; Madrat & Chiko; Patricia Kihoro; Ayesha Jehanzeb; Benji Fernandes; Ummy Mwalimu (TZ Minister of Health); Evans Bett; George Kagwe; Mushaal Hussein Mullick; Natalie Tewa
Cynthia Ritchie; Seth Gor; Tracy Wanjiru; Beenish Saleem; Meena Gabeena; Muhammad Majid; Yasir Abdul Hameed; Riasat is in Quarantine (mahobili); Kasuku Kuku Wazabanga; Yasir Iqbal Khan; Jose Chameleone;
Abdulaziz Billow Ali; Ed Wainaina; Zeshan Afzal; Rauf Klasra; Rabia Khan; Rizwan Razi; Abbass; Gloria Wavamunno; Sana Jamal; Omer Mohamed; Asad Ullah Khan; Chef Pierre Thiam; Karla Hult; Jesse Ritka; Maria Iqbal Tarana; Fajer Rabia Pasha; Sitara Ayaz; Amnah Umair; Wajiha Qamar; Moazam Shabaz; Ismahan Mohamed Osman; Rana Umair; Khadija Ali
Through their combined communities, #InOurHands influencers have reached out to 40 million people – and counting!
Will you join them? Here are some things you can do:
1) Write a message of love or encouragement on your palm.
– Make a selfie showing both your face and your palm with the message.
– Add the hashtag #InOurHands
– Share it on social media and tag 5 friends to do the same!
– Remember to tag Alight, too! [On Instagram @we.are.alight; On Facebook @wearealight; and on Twitter @we_are_alight]
2) Sing a song about washing your hands
– Make a video of yourself singing the Handwashing Jingle (below). Have someone help
you record it if possible so you can get your sink and bathroom in the shot
– Post your video and tag Alight when you share the post on your social media accounts using the hashtag #InOurHands.
– Example of Caption for your video: Washing your hands for 40 seconds is an art.
Check out how I do it in style. Like and share! #inourhands.
3) Help Your Friends Protect Themselves
– Find our health messages in your preferred language here and download the social media folder
– Pick your favorite(s) – the information you think your community needs most. And post them on social media with the hashtag #inourhands
– Tag Alight too. We’d love to see what you’re sharing!
4) Support Alight’s Global COVID Response
– You can donate here to help us spread these messages and to help communities from Darfur to San Salvador weather Covid-19.